VMware Bundles Storage Solution
Fully Integrated Hardware Platforms
IT managers with any reasonable length of tenure know that managing a large server and storage pool can be a quagmire for administrator time. It seems that every day there are server, storage, switch or network issues that takes time from the real work of deploying applications, making performance improvements and adding business value.
It does not have to be this way.
The solution is often to create a VMware environment to consolidate and reduce the number of servers. Even better is to deploy the VMware environment on well integrated and well serviced platform. Thus, the concept of a VMware Bundle - a preconfigured VMware platform with uniform and fully integrated hardware all racked and ready to install.
With a complete VMware Bundle, assembling a VMware hardware infrastructure has never been easier. With a single solution you can deploy the servers and storage you need from a single vendor with optional cabinet, UPS, switches and services configured to order. All hardware is supported under a single warranty and service contract. This eliminates the finger pointing often found in self-integrated hardware solutions.
Finally, the total solution is simple, high performance and yet affordably priced.
Why VMWare Bundles
- Single vendor hardware platform
- High performance ESX servers plus robust storage pool
- Single warranty and service contract
- Eliminates finger pointing
- Need for virtualization
- Replace many old servers, many lightly loaded
- Need to save on capital, power and cooling
- Need to cut administration and troubleshooting time
- Many older servers and storage of various vintages
- Many moderate use servers, poor storage utilization
- Multiple service organizations
- System administrator time limited
- Excessive downtime
- Fully integrated solution for VMware
- Small, Medium and Large configurations
- Easy to install, manage and service
- Slashes administration time and troubleshooting costs
- Saves capital, power and cooling costs
How It Works
VMware bundles are offered in three sizes: Small, Medium and Large. Shown here for example is a Medium VMware Bundle configuration with four EcoServers™ running ESX on eight cores each, a FlashDisk SX-2318R base unit and one expansion shelf. This Medium VMware Bundle supports up to 96 virtual servers, with three virtual servers per processor, and up to 168 TB of storage with six expansion shelves. The Medium VMware Bundle shown provides up to 96 TB of storage and uses only 16U of rack space in a 42U EcoCabinet™ including two UPS systems.
Each EcoServer has eight processors with 24 GB RAM expandable to 96 GB. The FlashDisk SX-2318R disk array supports both primary storage using high speed SAS drives with 10k and 15k rpm performance for high speed applications including database, OLTP, manufacturing and financial, plus secondary storage with high capacity SATA disks to 2 TB each for snapshots, archive, backup, disaster recovery and other bulk storage applications.